VentureSouth, one of the Top 10 angel investment groups in North America, provided $12 million in capital investment to 34 companies in 2022, the organization announced on January 17.
The angel investment group’s new investments included:
- HealthyCell – South Carolina
- MP Cloud – South Carolina
- Pointivo – Atlanta, Georgia
- Wripple – Atlanta, Georgia
- HopDrive – Virginia
- RoundlyX – Virginia
- Gradient Health – North Carolina
VentureSouth also made additional investments in nearly two dozen existing portfolio companies, including:
- 6AM City
- Case Status
- Iconic Moments
- Zylo Therapeutics
In November 2022, the organization announced it planned to partner with the investor group 757 Angels. The partnership, which will bring 757 Angels into VentureSouth’s network in June, is the angel investment group’s second market in Virginia and its first integration of an existing angel group into its network.
VentureSouth’s other 2022 achievements included:
- Closing VentureSouth Angel Fund V – the fifth VentureSouth co-investment fund
- Launching the Palmetto Venture Fellowship in partnership with Venture Carolina and the South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Being recognized as a top 10 angel investment group in North America by the Angel Capital Association for the fourth time
“We are immensely proud of the growth and achievements we experienced throughout 2022,” said Charlie Banks, one of three VentureSouth co-founders and managing directors. “We believe our progress is a testament to the appealing early-stage investment opportunities in the Southeast, the talent of the entrepreneurs we back, the insights of our expanding investor base and the robust infrastructure we continue to build at VentureSouth.”
VentureSouth has invested $72 million across 98 companies and grown to more than 470 member investors. For more information, visit venturesouth.vc.