NORFOLK, Va. (June 2023) — Over twenty early-stage founders joined the budding founder community at 757 Startup Studios this week. Entrepreneurs will utilize the next six months to develop and refine their businesses at the Assembly campus. Since its launch in May 2021, over 100 startups have participated in the 757 Startup Studios program that aims to reduce barriers and obstacles to growth-minded, early-stage founders. “This group of founders is our most diverse cohort to date, with roughly 90 % of the startups having a founder who comes from an underrepresented community,” said Hunter Walsh, Director of 757 Startup Studios. All startups will have access to state-of-the-art amenities that include: rent-free tenancy, customized programming, access to mentorship, office hours with subject matter experts, self-paced learning modules, and workshops.
“Startup Studios continues to evolve its model to better serve the needs of high-growth entrepreneurs across all industries in the high-tech space,” said Paul Nolde, 757 Collab Managing Director. 757 Startup Studios is the front door to the startup ecosystem in Hampton Roads and is part of the 757 Collab vertical continuum of resources that includes 757 Angels and 757 Accelerate. “We are excited to introduce new workshops and modules that address critical learning gaps while we continue to build on our robust mentorship program. Our programs are increasingly touching founders across our community and making a positive impact across the region,” added Walsh.
Below are the startups that have been invited into the Studios founder community:
- Arros Ventures: Revolutionizing bookkeeping and accounting through AI-driven automation, personalized financial advice, and real-time insights, tailored to the unique needs of businesses and individuals.
- assemblageCO: A SaaS platform that focuses on demystifying the AEC industry for a broader audience opening lines of communication for career professionals to collaborate amongst peers, developers, and end users.
- Audytion: An all-inclusive service for gigging musicians to book with ease.
- Best Date Ever: Making it easier to find the perfect date for your partner.
- Black Boy Joy Fest: Partners men of color with creative ways that promote healing and wellness.
- Boomchuck: Provides accurate, legal, affordable, and user-friendly song sheets to musicians and educators.
- Brace Face: Patient portal platform that dental providers will use for streamlining their patient care and providing patient resources.
- Doctor Doprah: Cannabis education and consulting services, specifically focusing on the geriatric population.
- Dora Breaux Photography: A multimedia studio with a focus on camera product production and education catering to underrepresented groups
- Elevated Pursuit: Elevated Pursuit is a SaaS company focused on outdoor experience providers.
- Fitsmalife: Empowering women of all sizes to achieve their health and fitness goals.
- FLICC: Flicc is a two-way mobile app that connects users to photographers on the spot for appointments- or set future ones – and allows photographers to receive exposure , and book photo shoots through the app
- Free Life LLC: Free Life is creating a social recovery platform that provides an alternative approach to addiction recovery through peer support, education, and community engagement.
- GingerHale’s: GingerHale’s is the household name when you think of ginger lemonade.
- Kilsar Inc: An augmented reality and machine learning solution.
- Lilley Brothers Canna Co: Providing clients with a product to find relief for their pets
- Love You Too LLC: Promoting self-care, self-love, and self-discovery for women that are in transitional eras in their lives.
- NeoSoulYoga: Providing Yoga & Wellness Retreats, Classes, and Events for women of color, supporting a holistic recharge as a Tribe.
- Oceanty LLC: A mobile gaming company that builds simple and character-driven games for all ages.
- PicBNB: An on-demand photography app designed to link clients with professional photographers.
- Radiant Living Institute: Guiding women to live radiantly again after major life transitions.
- VroomBrick: A tool that facilitates the home buying and selling process, removing the necessity for real estate agents and saving money for both buyers and sellers
- Washington’s Hammer: A first tech company committed to advancing the tools and techniques utilized by the US Naval Ship Repair industry.
About 757 Startup Studios
757 Startup Studios is a non-profit incubator that acts as an innovation hub for growth oriented startups focused on validating, developing, growing, and scaling their business efficiently. 757 Startup Studios’ programming and resources are tailored specifically for early stage entrepreneurs. Unlike traditional co-working, 757 Startup Studios offers a 6 months rent free tenancy, removing a financial obstacle for early-stage companies. Providing unparalleled resources and amenities, the space is co-located with 757 Angels and 757 Accelerate and offers access to Assembly amenities. 757 Startup Studios is part of 757 Collab, a vertically integrated community that together provides capital, acceleration, and an incubation arm—a unique, complete model for achieving success for the region’s entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem.
For more information, visit 757startupstudios.org.
About 757 Collab
757 Collab harnesses the power of 757 Angels powered by Venture South, 757 Accelerate and 757 Startup Studios providing capital, programs and place to entrepreneurs in all stages of development. 757 Collab is located at the 757 Startup Studios within Assembly, an iconic campus for makers and creators in the heart of Downtown Norfolk. 757 Collab stands on values that promote an interconnected, inclusive and impactful ecosystem. These values drive the emerging Hampton Roads and statewide ecosystem. For more information, visit 757collab.org
Media Contact: Hunter Walsh, email@example.com, (757) 403-2085