Targeting Department of Defense SBIR 23.2 or STTR 23.B solicitations (Topics set to be announced April 19 and close June 14, 2023). This Department of Defense-focused workshop provides detailed instruction on preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DOD, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the submission process. Presented by DOD SBIR/STTR expert, Monique Branham, the program will also cover:
- SBIR/STTR program basics and up-to-date information on the DOD program
- An understanding of the differences between DOD components
- Tips on how to identify a topic
- Tips to plan early for the “Fall AFWERX Phase I Open Topic” that will open in Aug. and Close in Sept.
- The importance of talking to Technical Points of Contact during the pre-release period
- How to register and utilize the DOD SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal
- Writing to meet the reviewers’ expectations
- DOD SBIR Proposal Development – Guidance on the DOD’s proposal rules, not only of the steps to preparing a DOD proposal, but how to make each section succinct and compelling. Includes many practical tips and advice on pitfalls to avoid.
- Budgeting for a DOD SBIR/STTR
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them, and more
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Presented by Monique Branham, Principal Consultant at BBCEtc. Monique is a DOD SBIR/STTR expert with over 22 years of experience in the DOD. She joined the United States Air Force in 1999 and has an M.B.A in Aviation from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. While in the Air Force, she served as a Quality Assurance personnel of government contracts and a Resource Management Officer. Monique moved to the Air Force Space and Missile System Center (SMC) and became the SBIR/STTR commercialization expert.