John Asbury, President and CEO of Atlantic Union Bankshares Corporation and Board Director, Virginia Port Authority
Between 2015 and 2025, the port will have invested $1.5 billion in its infrastructure – creating a network of six terminals that can handle any type of cargo. Dredges hit our waters in late 2019 and our deepening and widening efforts are in full swing. By 2024, we’ll once again be the deepest port on the US East Coast with 55’ channels and two-way traffic for the largest vessels calling our coast.
The Port of Virginia delivers opportunity by driving business to, and through, the Commonwealth.
The Port of Virginia’s diverse talent, agile use of technology, and command of our ever-changing industry sets the pace for the supply chain of today, while plotting the course for its tomorrow.
- Innovation – We embrace challenges as opportunities. We leverage technology and experience to move our business and our industry forward
- Helpfulness – We are dedicated to making a positive impact on the world. We offer assistance and are appreciative when it’s accepted – and understanding when it isn’t. We ask questions and offer our best solutions
- Fortitude – We are clear in our intent, thoughtful in our approach, and professional in our execution
- Accessibility – We build strong, enduring relationships with our customers by listening, fostering dialogue, and creating connections
- Mindfulness – We drive business and deliver opportunities today while maintaining a clear vision for the future
- Sustainability – We are responsible stewards of the communities in which we operate, the relationships we foster, and all of the resources entrusted to our care