NEW VIRGINIA: SCALING4GROWTH – Now Accepting Applications!
Cohort 9 – January, 2021 – July, 2021 STATEWIDE RECRUITMENT
CLASSES WILL BE VIRTUAL AND OPEN TO QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ACROSS THE COMMONWEALTH
Small Business Owners, would you like to go from Entrepreneur to CEO? Increase your revenue and create jobs?
The Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity is now accepting on line applications for NEW VIRGINIA: SCALING4GROWTH. This “StreetWise MBA” program is in partnership
with Interise.org (Boston, MA).
This is an accelerated session meeting every other Thursday from 10am – 1:00pm. Average time spent on homework is approximately 3-5 hours per week. Although classes are every other Thursday, we urge you to block off every Thursday in case of weather or other meetings. This opportunity open to Virginia-based businesses only and those who meet the minimum requirements. Applications will be screened and interviews will be conducted for final selections. The class is limited to 16 participants.
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY
NEW VIRGINIA: Scaling4Growth is Virginia’s brand of the Interise StreetWise MBA program. For further data on the success from this program, visit www.Interise.org This program is designed for business owners to learn how to scale their business by assessing their business model and becoming more efficient in areas of human resource, finance, social media, procurement and bank speak.
For consideration, small business owners MUST meet the minimum requirements:
● Must be a Virginia-based business
● In business at least three (3) years
● Revenue Between $250,000 and $10,000,000
● One other full time person working in the company besides the majority owner and able to run the company while the owner is away
● The majority owner is the participant (51% ownership or more); substitutes may NOT participate
● Certified as a SWaM (Small, Woman-owned, or Minority-owned) by the Virginia Department of Small Business and
● Willingness to complete all assignments on time
● If your business is not yet SWaM certified, please apply for SWaM Certification now and consider applying for NewVirginia: Scaling4Growth’s next cohort, Cohort 10
APPLY NOW: https://scaling4growth.interise.org/
NOTE: After opening this link, do NOT click “yes” that you want additional information. Go directly to the FULL application for consideration for an interview.
Questions or need more info: Email Ramain.Gohar@sbsd.virginia.gov
Information Session via Webinar
Tuesday, October 13th 10:30am – 11:30am
Tuesday, October 19th 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Presented by Ms. Rita Ricks, Interise Instructor
Via Google Meet
Click on the link below to register to attend … registered participants will receive a link via email to join the information session prior to the event.